Why Use a UK Based SEO Agency?
When it comes to online search engine optimization, a UK based SEO agency is one of your best bets for success in 2023 if you are based in the UK.
First, it’s essential to look for an experienced SEO firm in the UK that understands both local and international search engine algorithms. This means they should be able to provide tailored advice on how best to optimize sites within your local target market. Additionally, they should also have a solid track record of providing successful results with digital campaigns.
In addition, a good UK based SEO agency will be familiar with various content marketing strategies such as blogs, articles and press releases that can help increase organic traffic from search engines.
Finally, it s important to note that having a quality website is the first step in achieving great search engine rankings. Ensuring it performs well on all devices, has a clear and easy to navigate structure and loads quickly are key factors. It is also important to note that there is no set formula for SEO success.
The key process any SEO service provider needs to be able to complete requires them to fully comprehend what Google and other search engines are looking for. Then have the in house resources to create websites full of optimised content that meets those needs.
Criteria for selecting the right SEO Agency for your Business
Choosing the right agency can be a daunting task, especially with the plethora of options available. Here’s a checklist to help you pick the right UK-based SEO agency in 2023:
- Shortlist potential agencies: Start by doing some research on the different SEO agencies available in the UK by running a Google search for Agencies in your area such as “SEO Company in Surrey“. Look for businesses that have a track record of delivering outcomes and are experts in your field. Always check to see if there is a testimonials page, any agency worth their salt should have a long list of clients that are willing to share a positive testimonial. Make a list of a few agencies that you think will work well for your business.
- Credentials and certifications: Verify the agency’s credentials and certificates to make sure it meets your requirements. Usually these are kept in the footer (at the bottom) of the site.
- Case studies and client testimonials: A strong SEO agency should have a portfolio of case studies and client testimonials that highlight the outcomes they have obtained for their clients. You can get a decent sense of the agency’s skills and the kinds of outcomes they can produce from this. If these aren’t readily available on the site this could be a red flag.
- Understand how they perform SEO: It’s crucial to comprehend how a company tackles SEO. Do they adhere to the rules and best practises established by search engines like Google? Do they employ white hat strategies, or do they engage in any unethical actions like purchasing links or taking part in link exchange programmes? This generally won’t be clear on the sites but is something to ask when in a consultation.
- Consider their experience and expertise: Look for an agency that has a team of experienced and knowledgeable SEO experts. Your specific business objectives and target market should be taken into account in the strategy they can create for you.
- Evaluate their responsiveness and transparency: Select a company that is up front and honest about the work they do and the processes they use. Any agency worth their salt need to be able to give you regular reports and updates on how your SEO campaign is doing. The reporting schedule that your agency will offer should always be verified beforehand.
- Good Value for money: Although it’s crucial to spend money on top-notch SEO services, the price should initially be your top priority. Make sure your budget is reasonable and talk about the outcomes you hope to achieve with the funds you have at your disposal. Find a company that provides good value for your money and has competitive pricing.
We have always found that working with an Agency that is somewhat local to you brings with it additional benefits, particularly the ability to visit physical office spaces, arrange a consultation and really refine your marketing strategy with your SEOs. As we are a Surrey based SEO Agency we have many local clients we work with face to face as well as many clients around the country. To arrange a consultation in our Surrey offices make sure to fill out the Contact Us form and we will book you in as soon as possible.
Pros & Cons of selecting an SEO Agency in 2023:
In 2023, selecting an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) agency will be even more important, as SEO techniques are ever evolving and competition continues to increase. When choosing an SEO agency for your business, it’s essential to properly understand the benefits and costs involved.
The Pros of using an SEO Agency
On the positive side, hiring an experienced SEO agency can help you increase your ranking on search engine result pages (SERPs) quickly. To increase traffic to your website, an expert team will be able to apply a variety of strategies, including keyword research and content optimization. They should be clear about what processes they are going to perform for you.
A good agency will also be able to provide you with customized strategies tailored specifically for your business’s goals that are based on data-driven insights. However, choosing an agency that’s too big or too small can also have negative consequences. If the agency is too small, it may not have the resources to handle all of your business needs. It may also lack a track record and experience in the industry which could result in lower quality work.
The Cons of using an SEO Agency
Firstly, there is no guarantee that your business’s website will increase in visibility or rank higher on Google or other search engines. The algorithms are constantly changing and its difficult for any SEO agency to guarantee success on this front as they cannot predict how these changes will affect your rankings over time.
Secondly, SEO is not a quick fix. It takes time to see results and even longer to rank highly for the most profitable keywords in your industry. You have to factor in this delay between your marketing expenditure and the results you will see.
Thirdly, SEO can be expensive, so be sure you have the money set aside to pay for it if you want your company to show up in more searches. It is a long-term investment that may not be the best marketing strategy for a small number of firms, particularly those that are just getting started.
What about alternative marketing channels for your business?
PPC Marketing: While SEO is one of the most consistently reliable digital marketing channels it is not the only one and in some cases can actual be inferior to other digital marketing channels. One such channel that should always be considered in tandem with SEO is Pay Per Click Marketing (PPC). While outside the scope of this article be sure to check out our comprehensive guide to PPC marketing.
Social Media Marketing: Social media is also another essential part of your business marketing strategy. However, it does have its limitations in terms of the number of people you can reach and there are complications in the way you approach the social media marketplace. However, it is a great way to connect with your existing customers and offer them value in the form of discounts, tips, etc. This can help you generate leads and increase your customer base long term.
Email Marketing: You also have email marketing which should not really be considered a separate marketing channel but rather the complimentary channel to all your digital marketing efforts. Be sure to check out our email marketing services here at Intertec and if you require email marketing lists to help grow your business our sister company Prospect 360 is one of the UK’s biggest email list data brokers.
Researching Potential SEO Agencies
Researching Potential Agencies is a critical step in selecting the right SEO agency for your business. It takes time, patience, and an understanding of what to look for when researching potential agencies. As search engine optimization (SEO) continues to evolve, companies need to be sure they are selecting a UK SEO agency that understands current trends and best practices.
Start by looking at case studies from the agency’s previous clients and exploring their portfolio of work to get an idea of their capabilities. Ask them about their process for creating strategies and optimizing content, as well as what tactics they use for keyword research and link building. Additionally, inquire about how their services affect website performance metrics like bounce rate or organic traffic numbers.
The more detail your prospective agency can provide the more certain you will be on their ability to deliver. If you find they are unable to produce an extensive back catalogue of case studies and results they have produced it is probably best to give them a wide berth.
Contact Us for a completely free consultation to learn about our 20 years of SEO experience and the results we have repeatedly produced for hundreds of clients.
Checking SEO Agency Credentials & Reviews
Potential clients should always start out looking at a few important factors when assessing potential UK SEO agencies. Such as experience level, areas of specialisation, client results, and overall customer rating. Pairing with an agency that has a proven track record in your industry or a similar industry will add in a layer of security over the results you will later experience.
It is always best to check the Google My Business Reviews and then any third party review platforms like Trust Pilot or Yell for further confirmation.
Making the Right Choice
With the ever-changing landscape of digital marketing, it is essential to stay ahead of the game and make sure that you are making informed decisions when selecting a UK SEO agency for your business. 2023 will bring with it an array of new challenges and opportunities for businesses in terms of online promotion, so now more than ever it is vital to ensure that you are choosing an agency that can offer reliable services and results.
Researching potential agencies before committing should be top priority when selecting an SEO partner; it is important to look at their qualifications, portfolio, client testimonials and any awards they may have won in order to get a sense of their abilities.
Contact Us and Learn More
If you would like to know how we can help you, talk with one of our business development or marketing consultants today, just give us a call or drop us an email.
Call us today for a free consultation. Tel: 01276 691199
If you enjoyed this article, we have more digital marketing articles on our Blog
We Also offer these additional services to help you grow and scale your business.
We offer website design and development services across the south east. Our professional website designers have a large selection of beautiful, fully functioning websites you can look at for inspiration
We are SEO specialists combining onsite and offsite tactics and approved methods to get your website found in online searches.
Our PPC ad services includes keyword research, Ad copywriting, campaign management and analytics reporting to ensure we maximise your ROI.
Social Media Management
Our social media management service ensures your social media channels are always filled with new relevant engaging content to attract, educate and inform visitors and followers of your business.
Through our sister company Prospect360 we are able to provide you consumer data lists that can be used to target your key audiences. We have access to telephone, email and postal addresses of businesses and the key decision makers.